Are you a college junior or senior looking for a summer internship? Join us at Jasper Paul PR & Marketing! You'll work with some of the best restaurants and hospitality brands in St. Louis and learn the fundamentals of a public relations campaign.
About Jasper Paul PR & Marketing:
Jasper Paul PR & Marketing is a full-service public relations and marketing firm with a specialization in the hospitality industry. Our genuine intrigue for food, travel and beer, wine & spirits allows us to ask the right questions and deliver creative ideas to showcase our clients' passions and impact their businesses. We dig deep to tell our clients' stories in their own true, authentic voice. We connect them with like-minded partners on a local and national level. We work hard, and have a little fun along the way.
What You’ll Learn:
- Writing of media materials from press releases, pitches to journalists, segment briefs, etc.
- Participation in brainstorm for clients from restaurant promotions to grassroots initiatives with target audiences
- Interaction with media at restaurant tastings, photo shoots and television segments
- Introduction to some of the top hospitality leaders in St. Louis from James Beard winner Gerard Craft to the marketing team at Schlafly Beer
- Other perks: occasional free meals, networking at COVO, attendance at industry special events, etc.
What We’re Looking For…
- Important qualities:
- Strong communication and writing skills*
- Detail-driven, organized and forward-thinking attitude
- Drive and excitement for the hospitality industry*
- Ability to work independently by setting own personal deadlines and goals
- Creative thinker that works well in a collaborative team environment
- Genuine passion for hospitality, food, travel, etc. It always helps to have real world experience of the hospitality industry, but it doesn’t have to be fancy! We appreciate all experiences in hospitality from hostess at a fancy restaurant to cleaning out the grease traps at the summer pool shack (true story: our founder has done both).
- Interest in writing. Think AP-style with a creative voice. We look for writers who use active voice with descriptive language to bring our clients’ stories to life.
- Basic Knowledge of Social Media. We look for individuals who will bring ideas to the table for engaging content on platforms of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter as well as e-communications such as newsletters.
- Experience in Microsoft & Adobe (not necessary, but appreciated). For drafting of materials in World, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc. As well as for basic editing needs of photography, video as well as creation of collateral and ad materials.
- A Person for People (Not Just a People Person): We are in the business of service to our clients, and we do so by forming lasting relationships with them. We ask questions, we stay intrigued, we get to know them outside of the kitchen. We look for individuals who want to embrace this intrigue and genuine interest by being outspoken, professional, positive and polite.
- 10-week internship (June to August with flexible start & end dates)
- 15-hours / week with flexible hours (weekly schedule determined at start of internship)
- Jasper Paul Offices at Covo Workspace (401 W. Pine) in Downtown St. Louis
- Internship for credit hours